Resistance builds

The space game set in the Commanderverse.
achiles625

Re: Resistance builds

Post by achiles625 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:20 pm

After some review, I don't believe that you can use PD against fire ships. PD is usable against Close Action weapons and strike craft. Dropships, Fighters and Bombers are defined as strike craft. Torpedoes are defined as munitions. Builk landers and fire ships do not have a specific category. Since fire ships are neither close action weapons or strike craft, I don't think that you can use PD against them based on RaW.

draco84oz

Post by draco84oz » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:42 pm

Query - I can agree that fighter support is needed for the Resistance, to buff the abysmally low PD values, but how many would we be looking for? A single bay is enough to cover a battlegroup in a 1500pt game (1 stand per ship), but should we be looking for more? Or are the Resistance bombers just not really worth the time?

Thinking that a standard Line group would consist of a Cruiser, 2 light cruisers and a few frigates, but the query would be, do I put the fighters bays on the cruiser, or on the light cruisers..? Or should I go with a Vanguard group with a Bellerophon-style Fleet Carrier as the anchor?

NiciusMax

Post by NiciusMax » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Not sure on that last one. I would at least try to include a Bellerophon style heavy cruiser in your fleet for fighter defence. With ablative armour, full launch broadside and two turrets its arroud 142-148 points depending on whether you go artillery turret or vent cannon turret.

Should also be a pretty safe place to store your admiral, freeing your grand cruisers to do damage and close the distance

Gauntlet

Post by Gauntlet » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:16 am

I just used two light cruisers with ablative armor, fighter/bomber bay and bulk lander bay... paired with a Tribune in the fleet as well. This was in a 750 point match.

9 launch was almost enough and the 1.5 troopships worth of deployment was very very helpful. I'm not certain the Cruiser hull would have really been all that useful for their survival or utility.

NiciusMax

Post by NiciusMax » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:44 pm

That is an interesting light cruiser build. Although I'm affraid these will be prima targets for the enemy given their dual role and the importance of fighter cover in a Resistance fleet. I would maybe build a couple of dedicated cruiser carriers ( maybe even lights with just launch and ablative) and dedicated troopships.