Scourge

The ground game set in the Commanderverse.
Wolfmire

Scourge

Post by Wolfmire »

Anyone else feel the Scourge need more vehicles. they feel shorted, compared to the other factions they have way more options. UCM has it tanks and Infantry, Same for PHR though walkers instead of tanks. Resistance has where you either go heavy or light. And Shaltari have either walkers or skimmers. Scourge feel samey. Alot
I hope we get to the point that we surpass at least WarHammer Fantasy. It might knock some sense into GW then... MIGHT

Nobody

Re: Scourge

Post by Nobody »

Scourge has walkers and skimmers too. The only slot where they don't really have an option is for the heavy slots, where it's just a choice between two skimmers. Everywhere else it's a choice between walkers and skimmers and/or flyers.

That being said, Scourge do seem to have less individual units (25 non-transport/non-critter) options than the rest of the armies (ex: UCM has 31, PHR has 32 I think?) so maybe they could use a couple more options.

Mr.prowler

Post by Mr.prowler »

I would like to see a couple more vehicle variants, maybe a hunter with shard cannons for example.

Thunderboy

Post by Thunderboy »

There's plenty in the pipeline... More options are always fun.
“We're like the Forums little pitbull. You'll beat it, mistreat it, and once in a while we'll escape to attack somebody.” ;)

Mr.prowler

Post by Mr.prowler »

They sure are! I've also got to thank Wolfmire for bringing up the (Minor/maybe not so minor) lack of scourge units. I've felt like the scourge were a bit more limited in what we could do for a while...

Lifegiver

Post by Lifegiver »

I think Scourge is in a good place with the existing units, but I cannot see the point of the Annihilator. It is quite stable and it can be fast, but whatfor? The Annihilator is an awful artillery piece for 120 points (24" E12 area weapon with acc 4+). On top of all that, Scourge is lacking reasonably fast scouts. You do not have to buy a transport for the Annihilator, but you need to buy transports for the scouts. Otherwise the Annihilator hits on a meager 5+. I would not even consider the Annihilator at 100 points with acc 3+. Other factions have better artillery for less than half the price and better scouts, and Scourge can blast most units without the need of artillery. What do I miss?
Last edited by Lifegiver on Fri May 01, 2020 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.