Forum Suggestion Box

All forum rules and related topics go here.
Doktor

Forum Suggestion Box

Post by Doktor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:41 pm

I have a couple of suggestions:
- please add a redirect page on www.dropcommander.com
- please add subforums for different factions, as it will be much easier to find relative infromation there.

Gauntlet

Re: Forum Suggestion Box

Post by Gauntlet » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:27 am

Hi there. I appreciate the suggestions

1) This site is not officially supported by TTC. But I will look into asking them about a redirect.

2) I get the idea, but I'm a strong proponent of keeping our forum structure in scale with our volume. If we subdivide too much, conversation often becomes "isolated" as readers do not care for perusing multiple sections. (There are tools that mitigate this, but I don't think it's enough).

You can see that phenomena at play in the old hawk forums and also the Discord servers... Where whole sections become dead zones.

Right now, I don't think we have the volume to justify the bloat to the forum structure of 10 additional subsections (5 factions, 2 games).

farrier

Post by farrier » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:48 am

Doktor wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:41 pm
- please add a redirect page on www.dropcommander.com
I think the Doktor is talking about a redirect from the main page; currently 'https://www.dropcommander.com' defaults to the A2 Hosting Default Page, /forum needs to be appended to get to the actual forum, it would be nice to get there from the main URL

Gauntlet

Post by Gauntlet » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:02 pm

Gotchya

Thank you for clarifying that for me. I'm writing to our Admin now.

Gauntlet

Post by Gauntlet » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:18 pm

Hey there. Our Admin, (Sword) was kind enough to fix that redirect. Seems to be working now, but please let us know if you find it non-functioning again.

overlord
Site Admin

Post by overlord » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:39 pm

We can probably revisit forum structure at some point in future but I agree with what Gauntlet wrote.