Mercury drones

Rules discussions and clarifications.
Stompzilla

Mercury drones

Post by Stompzilla »

Do these now add +1 to scan for each drone?

Meaning +4 to scan for a unit of 4?

How is that not completely broken, especially considering the ability of units to dive in to an occupied building, get some attacks and then next turn search at +4 or 5, take a 2+ fortitude check and gtfo leaving the occupiers standing around with their cocks in their hands going wtf just happened?

Lorn

Re: Mercury drones

Post by Lorn »

Well since it is limited to 1 Scan token per "unit" [last sentence of the "Mobile objetives" rule on p. 280. PHR can only use 2 at a time per squad.

Also since the Drones special rule states "unit" it is once token per Drone. As the rulebook defines this term on p. 254 like V1.

However I agree with your sceptisim about the way this generally works, Pugarii and Havens come to mind, also as far as I understood if one does not search the tokens can be "stored" until one does.

TimeWizard

Post by TimeWizard »

Stompzilla wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:49 pm
Do these now add +1 to scan for each drone?

Meaning +4 to scan for a unit of 4?
In a nutshell, yes because the scan tokens are on a unit by unit basis, not 1 for each squad. While this isn't a problem for most transports, you might be able to bring up 2 non-aircraft transports, a squad or 2 of mercury drones would make searching for a hidden objective pretty much automatic.

TimeWizard

Post by TimeWizard »

Lorn wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:18 pm
also as far as I understood if one does not search the tokens can be "stored" until one does.
Yes, but if the unit moves, the scan token is removed.

Stompzilla

Post by Stompzilla »

What a mess. 😓