Is the allied/feral split gone?

Rules discussions and clarifications.
ayures

Is the allied/feral split gone?

Post by ayures »

There doesn't seem to be any mention of the restrictions on allied vs feral Resistance units in BfE and the new army builder doesn't seem to limit you either. Did that rule get thrown out? Can we build our Resistance armies however we want now?

blackseven

Re: Is the allied/feral split gone?

Post by blackseven »

Seconding this question. The Allied units are not even in the builder - or at least I can't find them.

Lorn

Post by Lorn »

Storywise the allied resistance have been assimilated with the UCM, what remains is the AT-90 Strikehawk Tiltrotor.

I mean currently the specila commanders are gone as well (at least as characters) their vehicles are usable.

blackseven

Post by blackseven »

Ttcombat replied to my email and confirmed that UCM Units have been removed from Resistance.

"I can confirm that all UCM units have been removed from the Resistance faction, as we've removed the allied and feral split and would rather the Resistance have their own units instead of borrowing from other factions. They will be getting replacements but we don't have any info on what they will be yet."

Kaizecha

Post by Kaizecha »

I am a bit saddened by this as I loved the sub-factions to represent the eclectic mix that is Resistance. I guess I'll just wait and see what TTCombat does with these replacements.

blackseven

Post by blackseven »

Kaizecha wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:37 pm
I am a bit saddened by this as I loved the sub-factions to represent the eclectic mix that is Resistance. I guess I'll just wait and see what TTCombat does with these replacements.
Yeah. I don't see how the game is improved by this decision at all. Did anyone ask for this? Were the "UCM" Units overpowered? Is TTCombat concerned that including a smattering of UCM-derived units compromises Resistance identity as a distinct faction?

Gauntlet

Post by Gauntlet »

I suspect it is the latter... I read basically everything on every forum/discord/facebook and I can't recall a single complaint about resistance sub-factions "existence" in the past... 6 years or so?

It also could be a matter of streamlining and kicking decisions down the road... for example... there are no faction-specific decks yet, and producing extra cards or a whole extra deck for Feral/Allied might be undesirable when they do make faction decks... as well as the customization required in their new app-army-builder.

ayures

Post by ayures »

Gauntlet wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:51 pm
I suspect it is the latter... I read basically everything on every forum/discord/facebook and I can't recall a single complaint about resistance sub-factions "existence" in the past... 6 years or so?

It also could be a matter of streamlining and kicking decisions down the road... for example... there are no faction-specific decks yet, and producing extra cards or a whole extra deck for Feral/Allied might be undesirable when they do make faction decks... as well as the customization required in their new app-army-builder.
There already was a Resistance deck before. I'm betting they just didn't want to split Resistance three ways with Feral, Allied, and Kalium. Even then, though, Kalium units look to be more of a cosmetic difference/reskin than anything.
Personally, I'm okay with this move. Resistance gets to be its own fully unique faction in two to three flavors without limiting the actual pool of units to choose from. I don't blame TT for not wanting to not only balance Resistance with the other factions but multiple subfactions within the one faction. Sucks for the guys out there that already had some UCM-allied armies, but there should be some options out there to just proxy with.