coherency and disembarking

Rules discussions and clarifications.
Aladinn

Re: coherency and disembarking

Post by Aladinn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:26 pm

as inf. bases are 2 inch wide, they cannot be next to each other with the small side connected because they are then not in their coherency of 1 inch. So the first case is possible but only with the long side connected to each other. The second case should not be possible. But then again, I wonder if this is what is intended.

Lorn

Post by Lorn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Remeasuring you are correct on the second case. I actually like the old system more.

Aladinn

Post by Aladinn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:04 pm

yeah me to, probably gonna house rule it so that it is base to base again.
Also I think we need to house rule that you cant enter en leave a building in the same activation to stop unopposed objective grabbing from garrisons.

TimeWizard

Post by TimeWizard » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:37 am

I agree with Aladinn, for me coherency for infantry can be 1" and/or B2B and you cannot enter and leave a feature in the same turn.

Egge

Post by Egge » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:38 pm

B2B is a much better coherency rule for the infantry.

Also I think that not being able to enter and leave a building the same turn would really make sense.

Feral

Post by Feral » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:56 pm

certainly not enter+search+leave- that's a bit silly. the coherency thing doesn't bother me much because you rarely ever see infantry not in garrisons outside freeriders or ATV's, usually infantry on the floor are just waiting to die.
"I don't trust anyone who lets a magic 8-ball run their civilisation"

TimeWizard

Post by TimeWizard » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:35 pm

It's true that you rarely see infantry outside of garrisons, and all infantry in garrisons are in coherency. With the way the rules are written, it looks like you could move a transport 4" away from a structure or "feature" and disembark infantry directly into the "garrison". Correct?

BlackLegion

Post by BlackLegion » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:02 pm

In V1.1 you couldn't enter and leave the same building during the same activation.
There is nothing similar on V2.0?

Dark_Fox

Post by Dark_Fox » Fri Jun 28, 2019 6:14 pm

Aladinn wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:26 am
It can even enter a second transport (that has activated as part of the battlegroup), after which the second transport can move and disembard the squad for free into another building. Seems a bit to much..., but should be legal according to the rules...
Provided the second aerial transport was landed nearby already, before it activates. In V2 it seems you can no longer just approach a flying transport and leap in. They must be landed. And they can only do this as part of their own movement which requires them activating. As aerial transports are no longer activated "at the same time" as the units they carry, they follow the standard order or operations for activation. You must completely finish activating one squad before moving onto another.

I hope this makes sense, it gets a bit rambley and circular.

TimeWizard

Post by TimeWizard » Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:42 pm

BlackLegion wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:02 pm
In V1.1 you couldn't enter and leave the same building during the same activation.
There is nothing similar on V2.0?
In V2.0 a unit that is in coherency and ends it's moving action within 2" of a Garrison can enter it. I think the part "ends it's moving action within..." pretty much means that you couldn't enter and exit a Garrison in the same turn.