Dread's UCM first try with Web Army Builder

A sub forum to share army lists.
Dread2005

Dread's UCM first try with Web Army Builder

Post by Dread2005 »

Well hm its a strange thing, the look of this Builder is... sorry but Ugly is the correct word... 8-)

I am not at all sure if this list works, never played a 2.0 Game in DZC so well... is it legal? do i need to start every transport with units? My book is on the way... somewhere i think!
Well the Army Builder gave me no errors.

Name: UCM D-Day II

Faction: UCM

Planned Points: 1500

EHLwm4mGzQn4HBD87JWDqwA6RQukHfNg

Commanders
Commander 1 || Sphere of Influence:12" || CV:3 || Cost:65pts

Battle Groups
001HQ Group 1
Command Kodiac x 1 105pts a6 Total Cost: 105pts
Scout Praetorian Sniper Team x 2 35pts c1 Total Cost: 70pts

002Armour Group 1
Standard Sabre x 3 33pts a2 Total Cost: 99pts
Heavy Broadsword x 1 75pts a6 Total Cost: 75pts
Support Ferrum Drone Base x 1 155pts a18 Total Cost: 155pts
Scout Starsprite Drones x 1 0pts Total Cost: 0pts

003Frontline Group 1
Troops Legionnaires x 2 22pts c1 Total Cost: 44pts
Troops Flak Team x 2 35pts c1 Total Cost: 70pts
Troops Mortar Team x 2 35pts c1 Total Cost: 70pts

004Frontline Group 2
Troops Flak Team x 2 35pts c1 Total Cost: 70pts
Troops Legionnaires x 2 22pts c1 Total Cost: 44pts

005Vanguard Group 1
Exotic Praetorians x 2 48pts c1 Total Cost: 96pts
Exotic Hazard Suit Team x 2 35pts c1 Total Cost: 70pts

006Auxiliary and Transports
Auxiliary Condor x 2 30pts A6 Total Cost: 60pts
Auxiliary Bear x 2 15pts C3 a3 Total Cost: 30pts
Auxiliary Seraphim Retaliator x 1 100pts Total Cost: 100pts
Auxiliary Seraphim x 1 120pts Total Cost: 120pts
Auxiliary Raven A with Missile Pods x 4 30pts C2 Total Cost: 120pts
Auxiliary Condor with Missile Pods x 1 35pts A6 Total Cost: 35pts
Last edited by Dread2005 on Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
####################################

"nothing is ever simple" by Z.Z.Z.

Mediocrates

Re: Dread's UCM first try with Web Army Builder

Post by Mediocrates »

That is certainly A LOT of infantry. I'm a big fan of boots on the ground, but 22 stands of infantry at 1500 is probably overkill. Furthermore, you don't have enough transpo for all of them, which means that some of them would have to walk on. In the new rules, anything not in an aerial transport (aside from HQ units) must start the game in reserve, meaning that they cannot come on until turn 2, at which point the infantry must WALK on at the blistering pace of 2" (or 1" for the hazards.)

I think with the current structure, you would not be able to deploy your Longbows at all - they are immobile units, so cannot move on under their own power. While you have one Raven B - enough to deploy 1 Longbow - units deploying have to stay in coherency, which would mean you couldn't deploy EITHER cannon (as they are in the same Group). Unless I missed something (entirely possible - only been through the new rules once and haven't played yet) there is no mechanic for transports leaving the table to pick up units in Readiness or Reserve off the table.

So, I would seriously consider starting the game with enough transports for all your units, or at least the slower/immobile ones.

Also, while armor doesn't necessarily win games, I think you will struggle against enemy tanks with only 4 of your own. As an aside on this point, I'm actually not a fan of the Broadsword (in terms of rules - the model is awesome!) - with only one shot, it's a little too "swingy" for my taste even with Acc 2+, but YMMV.

All that said, I think an infantry-heavy list could be a lot of fun, and an unexpected "surprise" for your opponent that lots of players would struggle to defeat! But I think you could drop, or reduce the size of, several of those squads and achieve the same effect.

I hope this doesn't come across as overly critical, I'm just not sure that this build would be practical under the new rules. Though if I've missed something, please let me know!

+++Edited for clarity+++
"Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Napoleon (ostensibly)

Dread2005

Post by Dread2005 »

thanks, it was the first time using the builder... and well its some how hard to track the transport/ unit rotation...

i think its super fun to have lots of infantry

ill try to redo the concept so that it fits with the transports

Dread2005

Post by Dread2005 »

i rebuilt my army, now with flyers and i know that the commander unit, aswell the ferrum will start in reserv

what is with preatorian snipers, they have infiltrator 18" so they dont get a transport. Does infiltration overwrite "reserve" ? i think so

TimeWizard

Post by TimeWizard »

Dread2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:46 am
what is with preatorian snipers, they have infiltrator 18" so they dont get a transport. Does infiltration overwrite "reserve" ? i think so
Yes, units with the Infiltrate rule may direct deploy even if the scenario would not normally allow it.