Dread's RES Resistance Fleet first try 1250/1500 pts

Sub forum to share lists.
Dread2005

Dread's RES Resistance Fleet first try 1250/1500 pts

Post by Dread2005 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:14 pm

Got my BfE book and 2x Starter as well 2x Centurion's at Hand!
That's a List ill make, whats your thoughts an this:

Line A1--SR12 P 224 (launch 12)
2x 60 light cruiser
10 bomber (3)
10 bomber (3)
12 armor
2x 20 Corvette
Tactic: PD Support Screen or Alpha big and important enemys with Bomber Runs, the low sig helps to stay alive, the fighter&bomber dont need scanrange

Line B2--SR6 P 141
1x 70 cruiser
10 bulklander (1)
10 bulklander (1)
12 armor
10 engines
1x 26 strike carrier
3 hybride turret
Tactic: Bulklander will hide, stay out of enemy range as long as possible and drop in Turn 4 to contest with infantry token spam (maybe replace Engines with Bombardement turret... hm)

Line C3--SR6 P 141
1x 70 cruiser
10 bulklander (1)
10 bulklander (1)
12 armor
10 engines
1x 26 strike carrier
3 hybride turret

Pathfinder D4--SR4 P 152
4x 32 heavy frigate
3 hybride turret
3 hybride turret
Tactic: These Gun Frigates can hurt by using the "Squadron-3" Rule (8 guns makes the rule trigger twice) the heavy frigates have 3+ Armor right?

Vanguard E5--SR21 P 303
2x 100 heavy cruiser
5 arty turret
5 arty turret
5 mass driver turret
12 armor
10 sensor
1x 26 strike carrier
3 hybride turret
Tactic: the "sub system" will allow to fire alle main weapons at standard orders

Flag F6--SR11 P 239
1x 210 battlecruiser tribune ( launch 3) (centurion converted into a Battlecruiser!)
1x 26 strike carrier
3 hybride turret
*40 commander AV4
Tactic: everybody needs a Flagship, commander inside

Total Fleetpoints 1240 -- 6 BG -- AV4 -- launch 15/15 -- drop 4xstrike and 4xbulk

later additions to 1500 P
-- 112 1x medium cruiser bulklander
-- 80 4x corvette
-- 60 upgrade AV 6 Commander
-- 252 (up to 1492 points)

alternative additions A
--- A +360 Battleship Olympus (launch 1)
--- A +60 3x corvette
--- A +40 upgrade AV 5 Commander
--- A -210 battlecruiser tribune (launch 3)
--- A 250 (up to 1490 points)
####################################

"nothing is ever simple" by Z.Z.Z.

Mediocrates

Re: Dread's RES Resistance Fleet first try 1250/1500 pts

Post by Mediocrates » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:24 pm

Hello, fellow Resistance Admiral! I meant to comment on this list ages ago, but...life happens. I have a few thoughts, but first a couple of quick notes: 1) All of my thoughts are on this are largely theoretical. I have exactly ONE game under my belt at this point. 2) As posted, this list is a bit hard to read. It's a bit difficult to tell which numbers are points values, and which are quantities, etc. I would recommend listing each ship with the complete cost of the hull + upgrades. This would be easier to read, and not showing the points costs of all upgrades is generally good practice from an IP protection perspective.

That said, my observations/musings:

Battlegroup 1:
Looks like you have two light cruisers with six launch each. This could indeed provide a lot of punch from bombers, but you're also concentrating all of your FIGHTER launch capacity in one, relatively fragile place. Resistance really relies on being able to allocate fighters because of its abysmal PD. Not saying that this on't work, just that you'll want to be careful about making sure your other ships are covered.

I'm not sure what role the corvettes in this group will play. Generally, you want corvettes in a low-SR first/last strike group, or activating with other drop assets in order to run interference for them.

Battlegroup 2/3:
Seems solid. That's a lot of drop in one place, and it will likely draw your opponent's attention, but you can use that to your advantage.

Battlegroup 4:
Yes, these guys have 3+ armor. BFE rather annoyingly treats the Ablative Armor rule differently in different places, hence the confusion. This is a solid, nasty little group. I run the same group, except added a strike carrier with sensor dome to mine to drop spikes on the enemy. This is a great first/last strike group, with huge potential firepower.

Battlegroup 5:
These are looking solid, but I'd avoid the mass-driver turret. It's just inferior to other guns unless you go weapons free, but putting out their full firepower without going WF is one of the big advantages of the Resistance fleet. I would recommend a vent cannon instead. Alternatively, go nuts and drop the armor and add 2x hybrid gun batteries. The lack of armor makes them fragile, yes, but with sensor upgrade and a strike carrier dropping spikes on targets, you can hopefully stay out of range. That's how I'm doing my gun cruisers. In my one game so far, the strategy seems to have at least some potential. Have to give your opponent other stuff to worry about though, which is where my centurions and armored carrier come in.

Battlegroup 6:
Not much to say here, as I've not used the Tribune. Let us know how it plays! This certainly gives you a LOT of launch, which I think is important for Resistance.

Overall:
- Strike carriers: I would consider giving all of your strike carriers sensor domes. You have enough firepower, I think, and this will allow you to keep your gunships at range more easily.
- Leadership: High leadership is one of the other main advantages of the Resistance fleet, IMHO, you should therefore always take the highest level admiral you can. As such, I would get rid of the two corvettes in BG1, not sure that they add much there. That frees up another 40 points, which will let you upgrade to an AV5 admiral.

Cheers and good hunting!
"Artillery lends dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Napoleon (ostensibly)

Dread2005

Re: Dread's RES Resistance Fleet first try 1250/1500 pts

Post by Dread2005 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:11 pm

thx for the deep input, ill look to it! about the corvettes yeah could be better to take higher Commander

ill write here after my first game!
####################################

"nothing is ever simple" by Z.Z.Z.