Post your reviews of DZC 2.

The ground game set in the Commanderverse.
Stunrar

Re: Post your reviews of DZC 2.

Post by Stunrar »

TimeWizard wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:09 pm
But there is nothing in the rule that specifically allows a squad to embark and disembark in the same activation.
A ground transport has no way to embark and disembark a squad in the same activation due to the unit having used it's move to embark. It makes sense that the bold text "or" on aerial transports, means they get a free embark or a free disembark but can't use both on the same activation.

Stunrar

Post by Stunrar »

Egge wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:48 pm

Marauder move 12". Drop invader 2". Invader drives 6". Drop infantry 2". If the infantry is within 2" they can enter the building directly. 12+2+6+2+2=24".
Nope the maths checks out, i was only thinking of intruders.

TimeWizard

Post by TimeWizard »

That's correct. And after the Marauder lands to disembark the Invaders, it can take off again (but not move) so it will be in the air and only fired at by AA units.

Stompzilla

Post by Stompzilla »

Egge has the right of it.

The PHR sirens got in because they have rapid insertion.

Stompzilla

Post by Stompzilla »

Regarding Scourge, when I was putting my list together I twigged that a Marauder and 2 invaders is faster than an intruder and cheaper too.

Being able to partner Scourge Warriors with Destroyers and/or Eviscerators is also pretty awesome.

Slayers and Stalkers are excellent units. I had fun with Minders too.

I'm going to try and get another game next week and see how that plays out. It was enjoyable enough, if you're looking for fast and furious but it didn't really scratch my Dropzone itch.

kimek

Post by kimek »

Hmmm, I may be wrong... but maybe in 2nd edition of dropzone players REALLY should start to enforce door's location rule?

For example, make sure that door of the building with objective pointed toward the side of table which also doesn't serve as deploy zone of any player. Maybe it would change the flow of the game?

Bushman101

Post by Bushman101 »

Played my 1st game of 2nd ed today. It was a starter box game, UCM vs PHR.

While we spend time during the game looking up rules, the flow of the actual game seems faster than 1st ed.

We were wondering what happens to infantry in a transport that is on a destroyed air transport. Are the infantry automatically lost or do I make a separate roll for each of the ground transports?

Stunrar

Post by Stunrar »

As a stop gap rule to prevent such fast extraction, how about making "pick up Objective" an action?

Stompzilla

Post by Stompzilla »

Same issues cropping up here: http://pimpmyboardgame.com/?p=7973&fbcl ... jTVoBQiK1E

He doesn't mention the flying circus, but that's probably because they only played 1000pts.

spacemonkeymafia

Post by spacemonkeymafia »

Stompzilla wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:12 pm
Same issues cropping up here: http://pimpmyboardgame.com/?p=7973&fbcl ... jTVoBQiK1E

He doesn't mention the flying circus, but that's probably because they only played 1000pts.
Thanks! That is my blog :-)

We played a little cautious and honestly, I didn't do the math on whether my transports could get to the garrisons in turn one. We also were a bit leery about getting jumped by troops entering second. Since the transport rules (especially aerial transports) were a bit confusing and contradictory, we didn't try to abuse transports dropping off troops, letting them search, and potentially getting into a second transport to get out.

Also remember we had PHR and Resistance. The farthest our dropship + APC + infantry can get is 20". If I'm using my hovercraft, I can get 22", which is just far enough to matter for a standard 4" building but you have to figure terrain into the equation and it wouldn't work on this map.