Doktor's Fleet College - 1. Introductory remarks

The space game set in the Commanderverse.
Doktor

Doktor's Fleet College - 1. Introductory remarks

Post by Doktor »

One of the most important things one need to keep in mind is that tactics is extremely connected with players personality. This is very important as many tactics/ships that internet is telling you that are good might not be so in your case. This does not mean there is something wrong with you, but that you have to find your own way. Also ships that internet consider subpar can work wonders in your lists (although that became true after Adepticon errata). For example aggressive players would get more from CAW frigates, as they would not only try to attack the opponent’s fleet with their weapons but also with frigate themselves. With this they can double the damage dealt almost in every battle over CAW frigates employed by more cautious player. On the other hand cautious players tend to have better grasp on ranges and spike management.

I would like to mention that I do not consider myself an all-knowing entity, so all constructive criticism as well as additional input is welcome. You can also ask questions. I would update my posts with insight gained from discussion.

This College is focused on UCM fleets (I’ll add Resistance later, after I get sufficient experience with them, but I am waiting for fleet bundle, so it might take some time) but many things written here are universally useful. Also I am taking into account Adepticon errata rules and would update these documents as FAQs and errata would appear.

This series will include a number of topics. I will start with most important things to remember. Then I’ll move to the uses of all ships in the UCM roster and most notable command cards. I will then move to the tactics, regarding both list building and tactics during the game (with counters, of course).