Dropship ratio and ground combat

The space game set in the Commanderverse.
NiciusMax

Re: Dropship ratio and ground combat

Post by NiciusMax »

Why would you limit drop? That would just mean you both claim a cluster and maybe have a brawl in the middle. With lots of drop you can fight effectively on multiple fronts

Dread2005

Post by Dread2005 »

at the beginning the game tended to be imbalanced. the side with more drop in list was a almost autowin

these days are gone long ago in my eyes, and beside that i like the groundgame and goal to land troops most on DFC, if this mechanic is not used its just another space shooter... mäh

but well play the way you have fun is the big goal after all!
####################################

"nothing is ever simple" by Z.Z.Z.

NiciusMax

Post by NiciusMax »

I don't agree completly with that. But in my opinion limiting drop is the wrong way to counter dropspam. Nowadays there are plenty of decent counters and just because these exist you need to bring a decent amount of drop. To buffer the losses you will take.

Gauntlet

Post by Gauntlet »

Nice... my group has something similar. We also enjoy scenarios where VPs can be scored for destroying more of the enemy's strike carriers/troopships than you've lost, as a "soft cap" mechanism.

SO if you take 4 Strike Carriers, he takes 8, and you manage to blow up 4... and lose none... that's an additional 4 VP.

Needs a lot of tweaking, but it definitely helps make the game interesting.