Dreadnought rules?

The space game set in the Commanderverse.
paradox

Dreadnought rules?

Post by paradox »

The place they used to live at TT Combat no longer has the link. And the redirect just goes there, too. Where can I find the rules?

Orchaldor

Re: Dreadnought rules?

Post by Orchaldor »

The rules are in the Battle for Earth book, so I assume they have taken down the online experimental rules as they are now published and official.

paradox

Post by paradox »

Dont have that yet, but thanks!

draco84oz

Post by draco84oz »

Wonder if they’re ever going to release the Scourge super-dreadnought? But how would they be balanced for the other factions? Shaltari Adamantium-Class Titan? Such a ship seems too much of a resource waste for the UCM. And the PHR is even smaller than the UCM, I’m surprised they have Dreadnoughts in the first place.

BlackLegion

Post by BlackLegion »

The Scourge super-Dreadnoughts are described by Dave as the size of the gaming table.

overlord
Site Admin

Post by overlord »

yikes!

draco84oz

Post by draco84oz »

You could almost do a game of DFC over one of those ships - dropping troops onto critical systems or locations...

:o oh my... :o

Gauntlet

Post by Gauntlet »

BlackLegion wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:17 am
The Scourge super-Dreadnoughts are described by Dave as the size of the gaming table.
While I appreciate that Dave has said this... I think it's important to recognize that as the creative mind behind the game... he also changes his mind sometimes.

As he did, by allowing for the creation of Resistance Fleets (which back in Hawk days he was very firmly against).

Just saying... wouldn't be surprised if we never hear about Super-Dreadnoughts again or if we do, that they get scaled down a bit.

I would also think Scourge Super-Dreadnoughts might not be combat ships per-se but rather, vast mobile shipyards...

Nobody

Post by Nobody »

You could probably pick up one of those Death Star mats for Star Wars and use that to say you’re fighting over one, with sectors representing nodes on the ship you’re fighting over.